Hello? Test, test…. Hey, is this thing on?
After several years posting at other discussion forums, I’d like to focus my creative efforts on this blog. I want to take a broad look at the arguments for and against Christianity as well as look at Christianity’s place in society. I’d like to create a civil but energetic critique of Christianity from an atheist viewpoint.
I’m interested in what you think! Please add your comments. Any suggestions for new topics—things about Christianity or atheism that bug you or questions you have—would also be much appreciated. Email me at email@example.com.
I’m also interested in any comments you have about the name and tagline for the blog. I went through a lot of them, looking for the right balance between politeness and frankness, and I’d like to hear any suggestions for improvement. For your amusement, here are some taglines that didn’t make it.
- Using Reason to Critique Christianity
- Clear Thinking about Christianity
- If God Wanted Mindless Faith, Then Why Did He Give You a Mind?
- Challenging Thoughtful Christians
- If God Exists, He Made Reason to be Used
- Free your Mind
- Religion is Easier than Thinking
- Using Reason to Reject Faith
- “Faith means not wanting to know what is true” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- Faith is No Virtue. Demanding Evidence is No Vice.
- Santa Claus isn’t Real Either
- A Critique of Christianity in America Today
- Faith is What You Appeal to When You Don’t Have Good Reasons
- “Atheism is not a religion, it’s a personal relationship with reality”
Let the thinking begin!